da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

QUICK-HITTER INTERVIEW: CHRIS LAKE vs AMTRAC | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

QUICK-HITTER INTERVIEW: CHRIS LAKE vs AMTRAC

Property of Gotta Dance Dirty

CA460

To get us hyped for their big show this Saturday night @ Exchange LA, I caught up with house music lords Chris Lake and Amtrac for another cheeky edition of our Quick-hitter interview series. The two have never met, but we found plenty to be sized up in their comparisons of Los Angeles and preparation for the gig. Let’s get to it!

AMTRAC….

1.) Whats your favorite track (original or remix) by Chris Lake?
Chris Lake – Chest (Original Mix)
Deadmau5 – Faxing Berlin (Chris Lake Edit)

2.) First memory of coming to LA?
I remember leaving my phone in a car when I went to a show in Hollywood. I ended up having to find my way to some party on Mulholland to retrieve it. Mulholland Drive is such a tight movie, so I didn’t mind the journey so much.

3.) You’re driving a convertible around LA, what song is playing?
CAN – Vitamin C

4.) Go-to spot to eat in LA?
The King of Grill in Hollywood / the fire walk up tacos

5.) What non-music celebrity would you go b2b with and why?
Shia LaBeouf, because I’m sure his tracks would “Do It”

6.) 1 thing you want Chris Lake to know before the show July 11 @ Exchange?
I probably won’t play any AC/DC

CHRIS LAKE….

1.) If you weren’t making music / DJing what would your job be?
I’d probably be designing tall buildings like skyscrapers and bridges, things like that. It always fascinated me as a kid.

2.) First memory of coming to LA?
I played Monday Night Social 8 years ago so that would have been my first trip here. There was a heat wave and I thought I was going to die in that temperature. It did take me a few trips to get used to it here though, but now I love it and I’ve been living here for nearly 4 years.

3.) You’re driving a convertible around LA, what song is playing?
Anything by the beach boys

4.) Go-to spot to eat in LA
M cafe on Melrose

5.) What non-music celebrity would you go b2b with and why?
Idris Elba coaches a bad ass and he can also DJ (I know I kinda cheated)

6.) First thing that comes to mind when you think of the word ‘AMTRAC’?
Journeys with a view to San Diego (on a train, obviously)

exLA460

Don’t miss Chris Lake and Amtrac alongside Satin Jackets, Mister Blaqk, and our very own BONES this Saturday, July 11 @ Exchange LA in downtown Los Angeles!
EVENT INFO
GET TICKETS

This post QUICK-HITTER INTERVIEW: CHRIS LAKE vs AMTRAC appeared first on Gotta Dance Dirty.



via Gotta Dance Dirty http://ift.tt/1MftUH0

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {