da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Four Tet: ‘The club is my world now’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Four Tet: ‘The club is my world now’

He unintentionally started ‘folktronica’ and has worked with everyone from Steve Reid and Jamie xx but Four Tet refuses to play the fame game. He grants us a rare audience to talk dancefloor euphoria and finding his inner zen

Related: Skrillex and Four Tet review – unlikely duo channel early-rave spontaneity

In a bijou cafe near King’s Cross, Kieran Hebden sits under a meteorite-sized glitter ball, sipping at a ginger beer and looking uncommonly relaxed. Yesterday morning he suddenly released Morning/Evening – his new album as Four Tet and his first in two years – on Bandcamp. There was no press hype and no marketing campaign. Many musicians would now be fretting about critical reception, midweek chart positions, the haters. But with Hebden, you just sense a come-what-may acceptance. “One thing about running everything myself is that everything is flexible,” he says of his decision to casually put his album online. “A few days ago I was like, it’s the summer solstice, a lovely day – this is perfect.”

Unless I can speak to God through my laptop, I’m never going to make a great record

I’ll put out a track that borders on techno and people will be like: ‘What the hell’s this?'

Continue reading...
by Louis Pattison via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {