da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Lawrence English: our relationship with sound is problematic | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Lawrence English: our relationship with sound is problematic

The founder of record label Room40 discusses the complexities of sound, Brisbane’s creative exodus and music that makes him uncomfortable

When a rat runs over Lawrence English’s foot, it’s a shock to both of us. For English, because the rat is “the size of a small cat”. For me, because I’m returned to a here and now our conversation has seen me slip from.

“I’m interested in the idea of the body as an ear,” English continues. “I want to explore the point at which our audition becomes synesthetic.”

Related: New band of the day – No 884: William Basinski

Continue reading...
by Kate Hennessy via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {