da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Lloyd Cole: ‘Quite a number of fans have been completely bemused’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Lloyd Cole: ‘Quite a number of fans have been completely bemused’

The Commotions’ former frontman on swapping his guitar for a synthesiser, living in the US and being an indie darling

The literature-loving singer-songwriter and 80s indie heartthrob is releasing his second album of instrumental compositions on a modular synthesiser in three years.

When did your love of electronic music begin?
When I was a 12-year-old boy. Almost everything in my musical education came from T Rex, David Bowie or Roxy Music, and from Roxy, of course, came Brian Eno. I got a copy of Fripp & Eno’s (No Pussyfooting) in 1973 – the sleeve was very attractive – and that was it, really. It’s an incredibly spare record. I don’t think there are any chord changes on it, just drones and harmonic scales. I didn’t really think about trying to understand it; I just liked the sound of it, in the same way that I liked the feel of the rhythm section in T Rex.

Continue reading...
by Jude Rogers via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {