da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Nightwave's favourite tracks | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Friday, January 10, 2014

Nightwave's favourite tracks


The rising trap-rave producer empties the contents of her psychic record bag


The track I'll be opening my next DJ set with

Kenny Larkin: Without Sound


The perfect intro track, featuring a powerful Detroit-referencing pep talk; a winning combination of kicks and nostalgia.


The track I always play to rescue a dancefloor

TNGHT: Bugg'n


If the crowd is looking a bit unsure I'll drop this and all is forgiven.


The track I wish I'd signed to my label

Tessela: Hackney Parrot


I love the rawness in his production – there's too much sterile glossy music!


The track I think has been unfairly slept on this year

Redinho: Searching


Redinho doesn't get nearly as much recognition as he should, although I'm sure this will change once his album is out.


The track I'd play to show off my eclectic tastes

Coil: The Sea Priestess


This is my favourite Coil track, or shall I say ritual! Their sound explores the deep and mysterious places of the soul.


The track I wish I'd never played

Dillon Francis: Masta Blasta (The Rebirth)


An absolute smasher, but when I played it in Paris and did a rewind everyone just stopped, turned around and stared at me in bewilderment. Played TNGHT straight after to save myself.


The ideal festival track

Rustie: Triadzz


I've seen this track slay so many festivals in the last year. People go absolutely mental to the drops, throwing mates and clothes in the air!


The track I'd play at my auntie's wedding

Hall & Oates: You Make My Dreams Come True


I can imagine everyone doing a drunken wedding conga to this. And I'd play Maneater straight after to embarrass the bride.


The track I'd play at sunset in Ibiza

Demon Vs Heartbreaker: You Are My High


I love this tune and the Gap Band original that it samples; I've tried and tested it on a Barcelona sunset.


The track that should have been a crossover hit

SOPHIE: Bipp


It should have been in the charts and everyone and their dog singing "I can make you feel better!"


The track I'd play at my funeral

Roy Davis Jr Feat Peven Everett: Gabriel


A soundtrack to so many wonderful fun times with my dearest friends. Such a beautiful uplifting song spreading the message of love, happiness and music: how I'd like to be remembered.


Nightwave plays The Waiting Room, London, N16, Fri






theguardian.com © 2014 Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds




by Ben Beaumont-Thomas via Music: Electronic music | theguardian.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {