da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Gilles Peterson @ Musique Non Stop | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Gilles Peterson @ Musique Non Stop


Gilles Peterson @ Musique Non Stop

Link to Gilles Peterson

Posted: 20 Dec 2013 04:49 AM PST


At the start of December, Mac Miller announced that later in the month he would be releasing a collaborative album with ‘The Internet’ featuring artist’s such as ‘Thundercat‘ and surprisingly ‘Future‘ not so long after the ‘Delusional Thomas‘ release under his ‘Larry Fisherman‘ alias.
As of late Mac Miller seems to be working on creating his identity as a rapper and a producer.




Mac shed some light on his identity with HipHopDX during an interview earlier on this year.
“When I work on this music, I want it to have it's own thing, because when people hear Mac Miller, they expect [one particular thing],” Miller said. “But what I realized—I was havin' a conversation with my homie last night—is I think I'm one of the only artists that doesn't really have an identity. I think I did at one point, but artists have really strong identities, right? And we were talking about like if I made music with Drake, or if I made music with Kanye, or Jay Z. I don't know if it would make sense, because these are people that have these identities. Drake comes, it's like he's Drake. Kanye comes; it's Kanye. He has this whole idea about him, and everyone does. But I feel like, at one point, there was this identity surrounding me. But I just don't feel like I have a strong identity. So, it's like do I want to create that? And it's like, stick to that for Mac Miller, and then make this. Or I kind of like the idea of not having an identity at all, and just like floating in throughout different things and not having to be the guy that gives you [one particular thing]. I kind of like that.”

Buy ‘Live From Space’ Here
Or alternatively,
Stream ‘Live From Space’ Here
Tracklist:
1. S.D.S.
2. The Star Room / Killin' Time
3. BDE (Best Day Ever)
4. Bird Call
5. Watching Movies
6. REMember
7. The Question
8. Objects in the Mirror
9. Youforia
10. Eggs Aisle
11. Earth f. Future
12. Life
13. Black Bush
14. In the Morning f. Syd & Thundercat


Posted: 20 Dec 2013 03:00 AM PST



The Steve Reid Foundation celebrate’s the life and spirit of one of the world's greatest jazz drummers – Steve Reid with the first digital release of Love in Outer Space [Bandcamp] by Sun Ra’s Arkestra’s Ahmed Abdullah and Emanative and with this comes a beautifully created animation  by Gene Pendon.  If that wasn’t enough they’ve also kindly donated a brand new interpretation of the classic 'Lions Of Judah' backed with a Four Tet re-edit.
A perfect Christmas present for your loved one with all proceeds going to the Steve Reid Foundation which aims to help people working in music, who are in crisis, but also to help develop emerging new musical talent.
 To find out more go to the Steve Reid Foundation’s website
Release date Friday 20th December on Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {