da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Jon Hopkins: ‘Brian Eno taught me to embrace accidents in music’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Jon Hopkins: ‘Brian Eno taught me to embrace accidents in music’

The musician talks about the five highlights of his career – from his first ever show opening for Coldplay at Madison Square Garden to working with David Lynch

The Immunity album was my first big hit, and took me further than I’d ever dreamed possible. It was so exciting to be able to do shows on the scale I’d always wanted, with dancers on stage with light-up hula-hoops. This is a more meditative version of the title track, from the Asleep Versions EP, with pianos and organs added in Sigur Ros’s studio in Reykjavik. The song’s a good example of something I learned from working with Brian Eno. He’s sort of impish – extremely funny – and got me into the idea of causing or embracing accidents in music: they’re good ways of removing blockages to writing.

Continue reading...
by Dave Simpson via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {