da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Bonafide Magazine @ MSN: Gaika signs to Warp | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Monday, August 8, 2016

Bonafide Magazine @ MSN: Gaika signs to Warp


Bonafide Magazine @ MSN: Gaika signs to Warp

Link to Bonafide Magazine

Posted: 03 Aug 2016 02:31 PM PDT

One of the most intriguing and singular artists to emerge over the last twelve months, south Londoner Gaika has capped his recent rise with a contract at Warp.

Melding the metallic harshness of grime with dancehall autotune melodies, Gaika released his debut mixtape Security earlier this year on Mixpak.

Hear his new single 3D below, which Warp describes as an "affront to the oppressive forces at work in the world".


Posted: 03 Aug 2016 03:04 AM PDT

"For the lines I’ve lost in the ether / And the verse I've left alone /
Dedicate to the ones I’ve lost / And I rack my brains / No recall then I
move on / Then I’m recording a new song / Save the remains of the
days."


We have the pleasure of premiering the video for Ether, the second single to come from Cappo's forthcoming album Dramatic Change Of Fortune.

It’s an epic exploration of the artist's innermost creative thoughts, introspective bars embracing a soundtrack of ethereal chords and marching drum chops, giving us a taste of what the album has in store, both musically and conceptually.

In his own words, Capp has said:

“I tried to treat Dramatic Change Of Fortune as uniquely as possible, like a brain-child. It’s an account of some of the hardest times I've had to endure and definitely evokes an atmosphere and sentiment that has been unique to my life during the last few years. It's the musical piece that I'm most proud of when I think back and the closest thing to accurately representing me as an artist."



The launch for the new album Dramatic Change of Fortune takes place at Rough Trade in Nottingham on Friday 12th August. Full details can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {