da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Evian Christ hits back after claims he was held at Leeds festival for being drunk | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Evian Christ hits back after claims he was held at Leeds festival for being drunk

The DJ/producer says he was unable to prove who he was because security confiscated his pass, and that Reading/Leeds boss Melvyn Benn is a ‘top-class dickhead’

Evian Christ has hit back at Melvyn Benn, the organiser of the Reading and Leeds festivals, following the incident in which the producer/DJ was detained in a holding pen at the Leeds leg of the festival.

Benn had said “Evian was found in a not very good state in the woods, without being able or willing to disclose who he was. He was effectively held till we knew who he was.”

was involved in a strange incident at leeds festival this weekend which ended up in me being detained inside a cage, as has been widely reported by everyone from quietus to lad bible. while i am grateful to have finally had my work acknowledged by lad bible, there are some things i need to address:

leeds fest, friday. after making sure blaze kidd + uli-k (who are performing with me) have got in a taxi home, i set about finding my own car so i can do the same. the artist car park is backstage and the festival layout is sprawling, so after being sent backwards and forwards by security staff i finally give up and ask one of them to call me a car to take me back there. the driver takes issue with me immediately and removes the pass im wearing that identifies me as a performing artist, asks my name (“joshua leary”) and then tells me that my pass says something different (“evian christ”). i inform him that evian christ is my artist name, and that i also have a real name, but he appears unsatisfied by this explanation and keeps the pass

Continue reading...
by Guardian music via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {