da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Ben Frost: I don’t know if I have any records left in me at this point | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ben Frost: I don’t know if I have any records left in me at this point

The Iceland-based, Australian-born musician on his homecoming gigs, the myth of the tortured artist and why current album Aurora may be his last


From Björk to Purrkur Pillnikk – anarcho-punk roots of Iceland’s music scene

Brian Ritchie on the Violent Femmes and curating Mofo 2015

The Guardian Australia mixtape: Sydney festival special

Sydney festival 2015: all our live coverage in one place


Hi Ben. What brings you back to Australia now?


I was asked. How do I put this delicately? That island mentality of sailors getting on their boats, going off to find new lands and coming back with the good news is fairly embedded in Australian culture. I feel like I’ve been away for a very, very, very long time, but from another point of view, I left yesterday. I’m not really sure what the expectation is there or what it means. But I’m looking forward to it.


Continue reading...

by Interview by Nancy Groves via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {