da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Kelly Lee Owens: ‘I still have to fight to not be seen as ‘just the singer’’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Kelly Lee Owens: ‘I still have to fight to not be seen as ‘just the singer’’

The Welsh nurse-turned-indie rocker is now one of electronic music’s best exponents. She talks proving herself, the NHS and climate-crisis bangers

Kelly Lee Owens is showing me her crumpled bed, pixelated on the screen. It is five weeks into quarantine and this has quickly become the norm: an interview with an artist in their close quarters; ambivalent levels of grooming. Neither of us is wearing makeup, and neither of us care. “You know what I read?” begins the electronic musician, incredulously. “This is bullshit. There’s a [Daily Mail] headline saying that women’s breasts will be sagging because they’re not going to be wearing bras during this lockdown. So what?! Leave me to my saggy breasts.”

Related: The Guide: Staying In – sign up for our home entertainment tips

Continue reading...
by Kate Hutchinson via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {