da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Lafawndah: ‘When you’re listening to my music, I want to control your body’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Lafawndah: ‘When you’re listening to my music, I want to control your body’

Fantastical, not exotic – the Egyptian-Iranian performer draws on her heritage to create pop from another planet

The first thing that is immediately striking about Lafawndah’s new EP, Tan, is that she is quite literally playing with knives. On the cover she lowers an ornate dagger into her mouth in front of a fiery background: it’s a powerful statement – fantastical and oddly sensual. And that’s before you get to the tunes.

Related: New band of the week – Lafawndah (No 80)

Related: Fatima Al Qadiri: 'Me and my sister played video games as Saddam invaded'

Continue reading...
by Adam Bychawski via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {