da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Cooly G - Wait 'Til Night: album stream | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Cooly G - Wait 'Til Night: album stream

UK funky singer Cooly G returns with an album full of late-night, lo-fi bedroom music ahead of its release on 20 October, listen to the album here


Hyperdubs Cooly G uses her new album as an expression of sexuality: on tracks like Your Sex, Want, 1st Time, Freak You, her intimate approach to lust and love via deep and dark electronics has shaped one of the labels most atmospheric releases.


Its daydreams rather than experiences that form the concepts for the new album from south London-based producer Merrisa Campbell, her spacious synths and nocturnal, near-whispered vocals telling stories of imagined conquests. If her last album Playin Me described the gradual breakdown of a relationship, her latest looks towards the future and zones in on her late-night fantasies. It was what was on my mind, and I could explore my fantasies because Im a single mum and I dont have a partner, so, yes, I do feel sexual at times, she recently told the Quietus. Im not gonna phone someone to go and have sex or whatever, so I wait until night when the kids are in bed and I might, you know, dress up myself and do sexy shit and thats what Im about. It feels like I can become myself again and thats good for me.


Continue reading...

by Guardian music via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {