da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Is Jamie xx the Sam Smith of dance music? | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Is Jamie xx the Sam Smith of dance music?

Some reviewers of In Colour have recoiled in horror at its populism – but do they make a good point, or is dance music just the last bastion of musical snobbery?


Something happened this week the made me doubt all the reasons I hate Sam Smith. It’s been a time of real uncertainty. Let me try to explain.

Related: Jamie xx: 'What have I learned? That I like working on my own'

The pre-eminent posh soul boy, lifting … from 80s and 90s dance culture … into a pop-ready format palatable to Radio 1

The dance music community reserves a particular dislike for music that veers too close to pop

Continue reading...
by Sam Wolfson via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {