da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Helena Hauff’s listening diary: ‘I feel so grown up listening to jazz while cooking’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Friday, November 11, 2022

Helena Hauff’s listening diary: ‘I feel so grown up listening to jazz while cooking’

The Hamburg-based techno doyenne takes us through a few days of listening, from a surprise Depeche Mode song to funky, energetic electro

8pm I was going through my record collection to pack for the weekend. Sometimes I try to find things that I haven’t played in the club for a while, but it’s quite difficult because I play so often. I saw Structure by Aquasky and I was like: “Oh, yeah, that’s great”. I listened to it really loud on my headphones and danced around in my little studio in Hamburg. I didn’t actually end up playing it, but sometimes you find things that just excite you, and that was one of those. It’s really energetic, exciting and fun. And it’s fast. Sometimes I play drum’n’bass in my sets, but not that often, it really depends on the venue and the event. I’m always excited when there is an event coming up where I think: “I can really do this here”.

Continue reading...
by As told to Safi Bugel via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {