da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

The Blessed Madonna’s listening diary: ‘You cannot argue with logic like ‘booty, booty, booty, booty’’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Friday, November 25, 2022

The Blessed Madonna’s listening diary: ‘You cannot argue with logic like ‘booty, booty, booty, booty’’

The DJ-producer looks back on records by Lio, Sworn Virgins and the Pointer Sisters that cued ‘legitimate chaos’ on the dancefloor and wind-down tunes by Big Audio Dynamite and the Korgis

7pm I was at my manager’s office because it was the day my new single was dropping and we were hosting a secret launch party later in the evening. Rosa Parks by Outkast was playing on someone’s Spotify. I grew up with Outkast because I’m from Kentucky, so it felt nice that that song was on. It had been a long day (I had to get a hotel room in the middle of London to take a nap halfway through because I knew the party was going to run late) and I was a bit stressed out. It’s my first record in five years and it felt like an enormous chance to screw everything up – so it was actually very comforting to hear Outkast, like a nice little love letter from home.

Continue reading...
by As told to Safi Bugel via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {