da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

How we made: Laurie Anderson's O Superman | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Monday, April 18, 2016

How we made: Laurie Anderson's O Superman

‘I was a performance artist with no interest in the pop world. When the song went to No 2, my friends said I’d sold out’

Laurie Anderson, singer-songwriter

In 1979, Iranian students stormed the US embassy in Tehran. America went blazing in with helicopters to get the hostages out. But it backfired majorly. A helicopter and a plane crashed in the desert. We were left with dead bodies, a pile of burning debris and the hostages nowhere to be seen. So I thought I’d write a song about all that and the failure of technology.

Continue reading...
by Interviews by Dave Simpson via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {