da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Ladyhawke: ‘I was always drunk on stage. It’s how I hid my anxiety’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Ladyhawke: ‘I was always drunk on stage. It’s how I hid my anxiety’

After her first two albums, synthpop star Pip Brown lost herself in LA. But now she’s sober, married, and back with the vibrant glam of Wild Things

Almost two years ago to the day, Pip Brown lay slumped on her sofa in LA, watching terrible daytime TV, her head muddled from another debauched weekend. Mammoth drinking sessions were becoming pretty ordinary, but this was a hangover that required more than a nap and some painkillers to cure.

“It was like I had an out-of-body experience. I saw myself and couldn’t believe what I’d become,” says Brown, better known as Ladyhawke. “I felt disgusted, like: ‘What the fuck am I doing?’ I’d made my career come to a grinding halt because I was not doing anything; I was wallowing in my own shit and I was drinking too much, and I felt so bad. I felt the worst hangover coupled with depression and aching and felt horrible. Bloated and disgusting like a pig.”

Continue reading...
by Harriet Gibsone via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {