da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Miley Cyrus, Robert Plant, Taylor Swift, Prince … favourite gigs 2014 | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Miley Cyrus, Robert Plant, Taylor Swift, Prince … favourite gigs 2014

From enormodomes to tiny clubs, from veterans to newcomers – our writers round up the very best live music they saw over the last year


I’ve often said that it ill behoves a rock critic to complain about their job, lest someone make the not-unreasonable suggestion that they go and do something useful for a living instead, but I confess I wasn’t terribly thrilled by the prospect of going to review Miley Cyrus live. None of her songs had cut through the mass of processed pop in the way that Carly Rae Jepsen’s Call Me Maybe or Taylor Swift’s Shake It Off did. I’d seen enough pictures of her sticking her tongue out to last me a lifetime, and every stadium pop show I’ve attended that came pre-publicised as a shocking affront to public morals was ghastly beyond belief: I saw Britney Spears on her “racy” Onyx Hotel tour, but after extensive help from a therapist dealing in post-traumatic stress, I was able to lead a more-or-less normal life.


Continue reading...

by Alexis Petridis, Michael Hann, Harriet Gibsone, Tim Jonze, Jenny Stevens, Dave Simpson, Ben Beaumont-Thomas, Paul MacInnes, Rebecca Nicholson, Dorian Lynskey and Lanre Bakare via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {