da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

DJ Luke Una: ‘With ADHD, life can be torturous. Music stops the noise’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

DJ Luke Una: ‘With ADHD, life can be torturous. Music stops the noise’

The DJ became a viral star for his music tips and streams of consciousness during lockdown, and has poured 37 years of joyous and painful late nights into a new compilation

‘I went crazy with it,” says Luke Una, of losing himself in his record collection during the pandemic. “I obsessively went into the archive. To the point where my missus and the kids were screaming at me because I didn’t stop playing music for the whole lockdown.”

Along with sellotaping bread to his face for rants about foraging, or mocking self-improvement gurus while delivering his own stream of positive affirmations, the DJ was zealously sharing his music on Instagram, and he became a lockdown hit. “I’ve always been a bit of a peacock,” he says. “There is a bit of narcissism with my Insta but traditional narcissism was liking your own reflection, not being a sociopathic bastard. So I’m more early-proto-narcissism.”

Continue reading...
by Daniel Dylan Wray via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {