da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Ladyhawke: ‘I feel lucky to be alive and making music’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Ladyhawke: ‘I feel lucky to be alive and making music’

Since we last heard from the synthpop star, she’s had a frightening brush with cancer and quit LA after a police shooting near her apartment. So how does she stay so upbeat?

Pip Brown was less than a year into motherhood when the mole on the back of her leg started to itch. The synthpop musician known as Ladyhawke had already been through the wringer with postnatal depression; now another life-altering situation was on the cards. “I’d always known it was there,” says Brown of the mole, “but when I got pregnant I noticed that it had started to change and was acting weird.” After being distracted by what she calls “new baby haze”, Brown finally had the mole examined and was immediately told that it was potentially melanoma.

“I knew it was going to be bad,” she remembers, speaking from her home in Auckland, where she lives with her now three-year-old daughter Billie Jean and her wife, the actor and director Madeleine Sami. “I just had this sick feeling.”

Continue reading...
by Leonie Cooper via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {