da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Tenement Kid: Primal Scream's Bobby Gillespie to publish memoir | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Tenement Kid: Primal Scream's Bobby Gillespie to publish memoir

Book charts the singer’s journey from his childhood in Glasgow to his band’s breakthrough 1991 album Screamadelica and their notorious live shows

Bobby Gillespie is to publish a memoir spanning his childhood in a working-class Glaswegian family and the breakthrough of his band Primal Scream with their third album, 1991’s Screamadelica.

Tenement Kid took shape during the first year of the pandemic, Gillespie said in a statement. “At the beginning of 2020 I wanted to challenge myself creatively and do something I had never done before. I didn’t want to write another rock record, I’d done plenty of those, so, I decided to write a memoir of my early life and worked on it all through the summer, autumn and winter of 2020.”

Related: Bobby Gillespie remembers Andrew Weatherall: ‘He was a true bohemian’

Continue reading...
by Laura Snapes via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {