da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Martin Solveig: 'Dance music albums can be boring' | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Martin Solveig: 'Dance music albums can be boring'

The French DJ started released his first record in 2002. Now, dance music sounds the way it did when he started – but everything else has changed

It’s a Wednesday afternoon in Ibiza and Martin Solveig is taking a breather in what will be a busy day. “Ibiza is my headquarters for the summer,” he notes, preparing to head out for a lunch at Ses Boques, a Mediterranean restaurant tucked away on one of the island’s famed beaches. “Ibiza is where I play the most, so this is where I established myself.”

Tonight, Solveig is also gearing up for his Wednesday residency, My House, at the island’s famed club Pacha. It’s a weekly gig where the French DJ spins tunes old and new, no doubt including Do it Right, a house anthem featuring Australia-based Zimbabwean singer Tkay Maidza. “My Wednesdays are hectic,” he says, adding that a 20-hour day isn’t out of the question. “Everything is dedicated to the residency. I’ll wake up as late as possible, probably around 10am. I’ll run 5km, eat a light breakfast, do some press, and then have a lunch with whoever’s on the island, like a guest DJ or someone from the industry.”

Continue reading...
by Rob LeDonne via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {