da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Neneh Cherry: “I’ve got this new music that, to me, feels better than anything else that I’ve ever done" | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Monday, March 2, 2015

Neneh Cherry: “I’ve got this new music that, to me, feels better than anything else that I’ve ever done"

With Blank Project, her first solo album in 18 years, the musician contemplates a new generation of strong female performers and why they shouldn’t compromise


It’s moving-in madness at Neneh Cherry’s house. Back to London after eight years in Stockholm, her phones aren’t working, missing leads are still packed away and there’s a houseful of people to boot.


“There are always heaps of people at my house, whatever we do,” says the musician, reeling through the roll call. “There are no extra bodies in my room,” she says with that unmistakable husky laugh, “but I don’t know if I want to look.”


Related: Neneh Cherry: Blank Project – review


Continue reading...

by Alexandra Spring via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {