da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Kwes: why I love Paul Klee | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Kwes: why I love Paul Klee

‘I have synaesthesia, so I hear music as colour. And it’s as if Klee senses what colour feels like’

I first came across Paul Klee while I was studying art at school in London. I was 15 and read a book featuring lots of painters from the early 20th century, Kandinsky and Franz Marc among them. It was Klee I kept coming back to, though. His paintings struck me as almost childlike, like someone discovering their surroundings for the first time. Perhaps that was the way I was feeling, too.


There are so many emotions in his work. Sometimes it’s dreamlike or idyllic, sometimes full of anger and passion. I love its seeming simplicity, the way he manages to make the complicated clear and straightforward. And then there’s his mastery of colour.


Continue reading...

by Interview by Andrew Dickson via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {