da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

QUICK HITTER INTERVIEW w/ BART B MORE + NIGHT BASS | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Thursday, June 12, 2014

QUICK HITTER INTERVIEW w/ BART B MORE + NIGHT BASS

bart460


Live and direct – the hard hitting Netherlander and GDD favorite Bart B More is in the haus! Amidst his 2014 US Summer tour and in Los Angeles for his b2b set tonight w/ AC Slater @ NIGHT BASS, we grabbed a quick catch up with the man himself to see whats been up and whats to come…


GDD: Bart! Been a minute since we last heard from you, whats been up this year for you as far as production? Anything you can let us know coming up too?

BBM: Hey guys, it’s been a while indeed but I’m happy to be back in the states for a bit to play a couple of shows! I started off the year with my second EP on Skrillex’s imprint OWSLA. With that EP I was able to show a more cinematic side of myself which I was really happy about.


Beside that I’ve been pushing my label Secure Recordings a lot with releasing my own tracks. To me, my last EP on Secure felt like a statement to make dance music more about dancing again, and I was really pleased to see it get support from heavy weights like Skrillex and Boys Noize. There’s a lot of exciting stuff coming up! I made a cowbell track that I’m releasing on Chris Lake’s ‘Rising Music’, and a new 3 track EP on Secure. But the thing I’m probably most excited about is my new collab project with Mr. Oizo, as he’s one of my biggest inspirations regarding creativity and originality. Super stoked for what’s ahead.


GDD: You’re on your US Summer Tour now and will be playing @ Sound this Thursday for NIGHT BASS. What do you like best about playing in LA?

BBM: I feel like there’s a lot of people in LA that truly appreciate my sound. I’ve received nothing but love at the shows I’ve played here. I notice because my social media usually blows up before I play a show in LA. The anticipation is just immense and it never disappoints. I’m really excited about the show tomorrow!


GDD: What does “NIGHT BASS” mean to you? What do you think of this craze for “bass heavy house” or “nu-k garage” music? Can you see yourself adapting to it or still paving your own way?

BBM: People that have followed my music know that I loooove bass heavy music :) so I definitely encourage this trend… super happy to be a part of introducing the mainstream to the roots of house music! Although my goal is to pave my own way of course, this is definitely a’ genre’ I’m most comfortable with.


GDD: You’re going b2b with AC Slater @ NIGHT BASS. Have you guys ever played together before? Can we expect a studio session out of this trip?

BBM: We’re definitely meeting up before the show, but not sure if we’ll be able to squeeze in a session. We used to play alongside each other all the time but we never actually played a b2b set before! I know it’ll be a lot of fun because it always is when we’re together. AC is very passionate about his music and always has so much fun when he dj’s , which rubs off on the crowd, not to mention myself as well ;)


GDD: What are you looking forward to over the summer?

BBM: Think I’m going to have a music filled summer, both in the studio and on the road dj’ing…I’ll be going to a lot of places meeting new people, and catching up with all the friends I made along the way. Really embracing the lifestyle at the moment and so grateful to be able to do it all, no complaints :)



Don’t miss NIGHTBASS @ Sound TONIGHT featuring Bart B More, AC Slater, Royal-T, Lokate, Meech, and Bones.

GET TICKETS

EVENT INFO


IG_night-bass_flyer_june_final






via Gotta Dance Dirty http://ift.tt/1qBZkgq

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {