da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Spiller: how we made Groovejet (If This Ain’t Love) | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Monday, September 7, 2020

Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Spiller: how we made Groovejet (If This Ain’t Love)

The dance classic was the first song ever to be played on an iPod. But, as its creators reveal, the demo was left in a car – then tossed on to a floor and forgotten

This was one of the fastest tracks I ever produced. It was 1999, the night before I was due to fly to Miami for the Winter Music Conference, where all aspiring DJs and producers went. I was trying to stay awake for my early-morning flight and put on an unreleased version of Carol Williams’ Love Is You. I ended up sampling it and, in a couple of hours, I had Groovejet more or less written.

Related: Sophie Ellis-Bextor on music, motherhood and lockdown discos: ‘Most of my children are feral!’

Continue reading...
by Interviews by Elizabeth Aubrey via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {