da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

How we made Good Life: Paris Grey and Kevin Saunderson of Inner City | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Monday, August 5, 2019

How we made Good Life: Paris Grey and Kevin Saunderson of Inner City

‘When the song was a global hit, I flew to London every week, while working at a department store in Chicago. My bosses said: “Take another day off! This is great!”’

I was in Chicago and a DJ friend told me about Kevin Saunderson, who needed a singer. Back then there was no internet or email, so Kevin sent me a tape in the post. I put it on my little cassette recorder and out came Big Fun. The version was very basic, just a keyboard line I think, but I listened to the melody and sang whatever came into my head.

Continue reading...
by Interviews by Dave Simpson via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {