da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Groove Armada: how we made At the River | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Monday, November 19, 2018

Groove Armada: how we made At the River

It was the chill-out classic that beguiled the 90s – and it all started in a 50p bargain bin in Ambleside

A schoolfriend suggested Andy and I meet, so he came up to my attic in my parents’ house. I was lying on a beanbag and a bit stoned when he walked in, all 6ft 8 of him. The ceiling was low anyway, so I thought I was hallucinating, but we clicked. After we left university we DJ-ed together for a little club night in London, called Captain Sensual at the Helm of the Groove Armada.

While we were recording, news of Princess Diana’s death came on the radio. Maybe that added to the melancholy feel

Groove Armada’s 21st anniversary tour starts at the Marble Factory, Bristol, on 29 November, and continues until 2 December.

Continue reading...
by Interviews by Dave Simpson via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {