da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

How we made: Roni Size on the Mercury-winning album New Forms | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Monday, July 16, 2018

How we made: Roni Size on the Mercury-winning album New Forms

‘We just went to the Mercury prize ceremony to scoff all the free food and alcohol. Then Eddie Izzard said: You’ve won!’

I was born Ryan Owen Granville Williams but, because I was lighter-skinned, everyone called me Roni, after the only white character in the film Babylon. I was quite short and if my mates were talking about a girl, they’d say: “Oh, she’s Roni’s size.” So that’s how I came up with the name Roni Size.

Related: Roni Size’s favourite tracks

Continue reading...
by Interviews by Dave Simpson via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {