da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

We made horse semen into little shakers: the quest for musics most extreme sounds | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Thursday, June 15, 2023

We made horse semen into little shakers: the quest for musics most extreme sounds

From cannabis plants to screaming peacocks, swallowed microphones to babies in utero, musicians are rejecting regular instruments and software-derived sound

‘I didn’t shoot a horse to make this record,” clarifies Matthew Herbert. “I just scoured for sounds of horses being shot and having sex … although that did get me into slightly dodgy internet territory.”

The experimental electronic musician and artist may not have slain a horse for his latest record, The Horse, but he did use a skeleton of one. “I found [it] on eBay and it only had a day left,” he recalls. “So I had to make a decision really quickly whether to go for it.” He went for it. “Then I realised I’ve got a dead horse in the corner of my studio,” he laughs. “I didn’t have the space to assemble it, I didn’t know what I was doing, it smelt a bit, so I left it there for a couple of weeks.”

Continue reading...
by Daniel Dylan Wray via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {