da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

MØ: ‘I was terrified to stop and crash – I had to make time to reflect’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

MØ: ‘I was terrified to stop and crash – I had to make time to reflect’

The Danish synth star was nearly broken by years of gruelling tours and stepped back from the business. But now, she says, the planets are aligning for her again

NO!” cries MØ in mock defeat, clutching the purple beret she was crocheting before our conversation, hook and half-constructed hat held to heart. I have just told her that Mercury retrograde is set to fall this week: a celestial event believed to throw certain star signs into flux. MØ, a Leo and Gemini rising sign, is among those potentially affected by this planetary shift. I assure her that it’s actually good given her circumstances: it’s supposed to facilitate new beginnings. Fitting, as she is on the cusp of releasing her make-or-break third album Motordrome.

MØ is in London to shoot a music video for the aptly titled New Moon. It’s the central banger on the album, which articulates the past two years spent taking back control of her life and work. “I was super burnt-out at the beginning of 2019,” the Danish singer says. “I was having panic attacks. My voice was broken. Everything was spinning.”

Continue reading...
by Anna Cafolla via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {