da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Dave Gahan: ‘Regret is a weird word. I don’t look back on my life like that’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Dave Gahan: ‘Regret is a weird word. I don’t look back on my life like that’

The Depeche Mode frontman answers your questions, on his new covers album, taking early dance lessons from Mick Jagger and the right way to load a dishwasher

Did you accomplish everything you set out to on [forthcoming album] Impostor? MrBeelzebub

I was really burned out after the last Depeche Mode tour, then Rich [Machin, long-time musical partner in Soulsavers] and I started talking about songs and artists who had influenced us. Before we knew it, we were making a Soulsavers record with me as frontman that paid homage to those songs, but was almost a new piece of work. I realised that the choices were songs that put me where I am, suggested where I have been and where I might be. They are songs [such as Dan Penn/James Carr’s Dark End of the Street or Bob Dylan’s Not Dark Yet] that reflect on lives lived. I would not have known how to sing these songs when I was 18.

Continue reading...
by As told to Dave Simpson via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {