da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Steve Davis and Kavus Torabi: 'Can you spot which of us is the rock star?' | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Sunday, April 4, 2021

Steve Davis and Kavus Torabi: 'Can you spot which of us is the rock star?'

As bandmate of musician Torabi, ex-snooker champ Davis is these days more about modular synths than big breaks. Now the odd couple of psychedelia have written a memoir

Steve Davis is waving a modular synthesiser at me. He’s 10 minutes early for our scheduled chat, and his music-and-book-writing compadre, Kavus Torabi, hasn’t logged on to Zoom yet, so Davis is showing me his favourite toy: a synthesiser without a keyboard. There are a lot of knobs and switches, and holes where you slot in sound modules.

“It’s not lost on me that this is a bit of a blokey hobby,” he says cheerfully. “I was checking out online demos about how to use these synths and I ended up watching soldering. A bloke soldering modules. But there was nothing else to do, so I watched it for quite a bit.”

You’re really on the seat of your pants. I have absolutely no knowledge of playing a rehearsed piece of music

When I’m with Steve, I feel like I’m a decent guy. I like myself when I’m with Steve

Continue reading...
by Miranda Sawyer via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {