da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Cult musician Emmanuelle Parrenin: 'I like to dive into the void and invent something' | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Monday, February 1, 2021

Cult musician Emmanuelle Parrenin: 'I like to dive into the void and invent something'

The singer and instrumentalist caused a riot at a Clash gig, cured herself of deafness, and, decades on from her debut LP, is an icon to young French producers. ‘I love to discover,’ she explains

“In terms of my career, I only made bad choices.” Emmanuelle Parrenin is discussing the importance of intuition. “But in terms of what I like, I made good choices.”

Intuition has taken Parrenin, now at an undefined point in her 70s, to some remarkable places: from stages with the Clash to deserts in Morocco, and in and out of deafness. Often narrowly described as a folk musician for her role in the revival of French traditional music in 1970s, her career has been an exercise in pushing boundaries – and, indeed, ignoring them – while becoming one of her country’s most enduring cult musicians.

Continue reading...
by Philip Bloomfield via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {