da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

The Beloved: how we made The Sun Rising | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Monday, August 24, 2020

The Beloved: how we made The Sun Rising

‘The song blew up at the end of summer 1989, by which time a whole generation were going to outdoor raves. What other record are you going to play at 5.30am?’

Jon Marsh and I had been in an earlier, guitar-based version of the Beloved. We did two sessions for John Peel’s radio show, but then we slimmed to a duo and started making electronic music. It was the late 80s and house was just emerging. Jon had discovered an acid house club in London called Shoom and took me along. He said: “Come in here, take one of these and I’ll see you in the morning.” There was so much dry ice I couldn’t see my hand in front of my face. I just danced all night. After that, we’d go to these clubs, then come home and re-create that emotional rush in our own music.

Continue reading...
by Interviews by Dave Simpson via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {