da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Kate NV's lockdown listening: 'I'm definitely a major key person!' | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Friday, June 5, 2020

Kate NV's lockdown listening: 'I'm definitely a major key person!'

The Russian electronic musician on her homeland’s bizarre 80s movie themes and reappraising childhood favourites

I’ve spent the whole lockdown at home in Moscow. It’s funny, I’d actually planned to spend March and April at home, writing new music – that was the plan. But then all this happened and I can’t do a thing. Lots of people have been saying things like “don’t blame yourself”, and I know that. But it’s taken me a while to realise that it’s fine: I wish I could write music right now, but I can’t force myself to do it. Lockdown is so uninspiring, oh my god.

Lots of my musician friends have postponed [releasing] their albums. But I just thought: OK, you can’t compete with everything that’s going on in the world, and I’m not trying to. If my music could help someone to get through this somehow, I would be so happy.

Related: Sophie Ellis-Bextor's lockdown listening: 'A child could understand it – stay at home'

Continue reading...
by Interview by Katie Hawthorne via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {