da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Jean-Michel Jarre: how we made Oxygène | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Monday, October 15, 2018

Jean-Michel Jarre: how we made Oxygène

‘Hi-fi shops played it as an example of state-of-the-art music. I didn’t tell them I made it with Sellotape in my kitchen’

I played in rock bands as a teenager and would use a tape machine my grandfather gave me to get processed sounds out of my guitar. During the French student uprisings of 1968, this felt like a way of being rebellious. I loved it when people said: “What is this crap?” But by the mid-70s, I wanted to bridge the gap between experimental music and pop.

The Planet Jarre: 50 Years of Music box set is out now on Sony. Jean-Michel Jarre’s new album, Equinoxe Infinity, is released on 16 November.

Continue reading...
by Interviews by Dave Simpson via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {