da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

The Invisible's Dave Okumu's playlist: Prince, D'Angelo and more | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Monday, June 13, 2016

The Invisible's Dave Okumu's playlist: Prince, D'Angelo and more

From soul-reviving rhythms to the most romantic music ever written – and a comforting highlight of the prematurely ended purple reign

I love everything about this track – the harmonic progression, the vocal delivery, the tone, the sludge, swagger and rhythm. Hits me in all the right places. Rhythmically, the feel is reminiscent of Kendrick’s Recipe. I’m obsessed with that beat and I can tell you it’s no mean feat capturing its essence. I would urge everyone to have a go. The right rhythms are so good for the soul.

Related: The Invisible: Patience review – complex and brilliantly original pop

Continue reading...
by Dave Okumu via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {