da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Nils Frahm: ‘My music can be quite heavy. Some people faint’ | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Nils Frahm: ‘My music can be quite heavy. Some people faint’

The neo-classical composer is shaking the establishment with his experimental piano, but it manipulates the emotions too

In what may be the most profoundly German experience of my life, I’m sitting by the banks of the River Spree in Berlin, in the shadow of a vast, Communist-era complex of recording studios. The building once housed the state’s entire radio industry but it’s currently being used as a base by Hamburg-born composer and pianist Nils Frahm, who is telling me about the emotional resonance of toilet brushes.

Related: A post-Nils Frahm playlist

Related: Nils Frahm: music for piano and toilet brush

Continue reading...
by Charlie Robin Jones via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {