da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

How we made Air's Moon Safari | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

How we made Air's Moon Safari

‘Before we came along, French pop was synonymous with Sacha Distel. I hated it’

Daft Punk were down the street from us in Paris and we could almost hear the music they were making when we opened the window during band sessions. It was the late 1990s, and Paris suddenly had this incredible electronic music scene: all these clubs were opening up. I didn’t get to go to all the parties, though, because I was generally at home with my wife taking care of Solal, our baby. We were poor. I knew our livelihood depended on Air being successful.

It was alien, psychedelic, loungecore for after you'd been out clubbing

Continue reading...
by Interviews by Dave Simpson via Electronic music | The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {