da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

GDD™ Interviews Christian Nielsen | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Friday, March 25, 2016

GDD™ Interviews Christian Nielsen

Property of Gotta Dance Dirty

Chris1 Color2

Christian Nielsen, a young producer from Denmark, has recently been making waves on Jesse Rose’s imprints Play It Down and A-SIDED, spoke to us on the eve of his latest single “What You Thinking?” being released. A producer that expertly blurs the lines between house and techno, oft seen in the combination of vocal hooks with blistering techno drives, Christian is definitely cornering his niche sound. “What You Thinking?” is a progression on this, finely balanced and ready for the floor. And with additional releases and remixes on the likes of Glasgow Underground, Moon Harbour, 8bit, and Toolroom, he’s surely making his rounds in the underground scene. We’re excited for what’s to come from Christian, but in the mean time check out “What You Thinking?” and get to know more about the Copenhagen producer in the interview below.

Hi Christian. How are you? What have you been up to this week?
Hi guys! Well just been working as always! Lots of new originals finished and a few mixdowns… Also been getting ready for a gig in my own city of Copenhagen! Been a while since I’ve played in my hometown so I definitely want to bring something special!

Tell us a bit about what’s going on with you now. Any story behind your new single “What You Thinking?”
So the idea was to make a techno sounding track and then house it up with some dope vocals! I’m all about the grooove, and when there is a little funny vocal added, I’m all in.

You’ve obviously done quite a bit with Jesse Rose’s labels at this point. How did that start?
Well the story actually starts with a remix request to Oliver Dollar. I had done a track with Mr. V and was looking for a remixer. Oliver agreed but instead of releasing it myself, Jesse Rose stepped in and we released it on Play It Down. After that, I reached out to Jesse and thngs started to happen. Jesse took me under his wings and became a large part of my production process, and the rest is history I guess :-)

Tell us a bit about your studio routine. Do you work better under pressure? At night? In bursts, or constantly?
Well the thing that most people don’t know about me is that I have a full time day job and a little family. So studio time is not what you would imagine. My studio currently is just my trusted laptop that I bring everywhere… and I mean everywhere. Mostly I make tracks at the office before work and during my lunchbreak, but I find myself making tracks anywhere I can. No excuses!

2015 looked like your biggest year yet, what were some highlights for you?
Wow, there are so many! But must say that Watergate earlier in the year was amazing, WMC was an amazing experience and LOST boatparty in Cyprus for sure. But generally it has been amazing, and I’ve met so many great people. 2015 was one big surprise!

You’re playing a lot more around Europe these days. Any touring tips you wish you’d caught on to earlier? Other than the obvious (passports, dj gear, clean underwear), what’s a travel essential for you?
Well thankfully I have my girlfriend who coordinates my gigs for me. So when it’s time for a gig, the only thing I have to worry about is music and packing.

Travel Essentials:
– Painkillers (I’m a super light weight so my hangovers are massive)
– Travel Midi Keyboard (As mentioned before I will produce music with any free minute I have. Ten minutes to boarding means ten minutes of track producing.)
– Travel Pillow – When travelling a lot the most important thing for me is feeling comfortable.
– Pajamas – Sounds stupid, but when spending so much time in hotels, PJs really make the whole thing feeling a bit more homey.

Five dance-floor bombs you’ve got in your bag right now?
1. Reset Robot – On Your Knees
2. Kerrier District – Techno Disco (KiNK Remix)
3. Leonardo Gonnelli – Stay feat. Forrest
4. Landmark – The Groover
5. Hot Since 82 – Veins

Guilty pleasure music?
Sooooo much! I could mention so much mainstream here that I would start a freaking shitstorm! Haha, but I really do like Bruno Mars.

You have to get in a fake twitter beef with someone. Who is it, and what are you two fighting about?
No beefs here! The way I see it, all the twitter beefs are nothing but bad PR for the artists and the scene. Especially the ones about genres and that kind of bullshit. I guess I would have a beef with whoever is starting beefs with everyone else! :-) Beef Beef Beef!

What’s next as we push forward into 2016? Include any dreams / goals / etc.
Well, I’m still working on an album at the moment… But damn, that’s hard work! Loads of singles and remixes! Other than that I’m living the dream already! Just being a part of the scene is an honor in itself.

This post GDD™ Interviews Christian Nielsen appeared first on Gotta Dance Dirty.



via Gotta Dance Dirty http://ift.tt/1occR1N

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {