da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

QUICK-HITTER INTERVIEW w/ BILLY KENNY + NEW REMIX FOR SWEAT IT OUT! | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Friday, September 4, 2015

QUICK-HITTER INTERVIEW w/ BILLY KENNY + NEW REMIX FOR SWEAT IT OUT!

Property of Gotta Dance Dirty

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you’re a house head and you don’t know the name Billy Kenny, you’ve already love his music . With tracks supported by so many heavy hitters in the scene, there’s no doubt you’ve caught his sound rinsed in clubs and festivals worldwide. Aside from releasing on Dirtybird and co-running the hidden gem of an label This Ain’t Bristol, Billy now has brought his production onto the perma-hot Australian label Sweat It Out, delivering a howling bass heavy flip for Benson‘s new single “Hollow”. The remix is officially out today, so we caught up with the man himself about the release and his upcoming shows in the USA.

Billy Kenny! Probably one of the most underrated producers right now, with everyone supporting your music from Skream to Chris Lake to Claude VonStroke. What’s one special ingredient that goes into a Billy Kenny track?

Thanks for the kind words! I test everything I make, live in my set’s before they go out as a demo to labels, so if it doesn’t work in the club, it’s most likely going in the bin (or “trash” if I’m in your neck of the woods!) I guess that’s not a specific ingredient, but definitely a formula I’ve been going by.

You’ve got a new remix for Benson just that just dropped on Sweat It Out. How did that come about with those Sweaty Aussies? Was it an easy flip of the original or a major process to get it where you wanted it?

I have indeed, Benson just hit me up out of the blue actually. As soon as I heard the original I was keen, but the final version being released was actually my third attempt! I scrap any idea I’m not fully into after three hours, which is what I did with the other two. Third time lucky aye!?

Your co-owned label “This Aint Bristol” churns out some of the best in underground house music, and your set for a 16 track compilation on September 24th. What was one thing you looked for in selecting the tunes? Who can we expect on the release?

Thanks! Yeah, I’m so excited about the compilation, it’s definitely my favorite release from TAB to date. I have a lot more freedom with our VA’s, so picking tracks for them is always much more fun. I had an idea where I wanted to go with it, but having each individual track stand out as much as possible was my main goal. “Even More Selections” has everything from absolute weapons to warm up and closing time stuff, so a bit of something for everyone! I won’t spoil the fun, but can tell you there’s stuff in there from artists we’ve previously worked with, new faces and of course contributions from our team including Maximono, Abby Jane and myself.

So we here a USA tour is in the works, with some big dates @ The Dirtybird Campout, HARD Day Of The Dead, and Holy Ship!… What are you most excited about with the American shows and the crowds?

I’m crazy excited for all three of these! I’m sure they’ll all be huge highlights of what has already been the best year for me so far and I’m really grateful to Vonstroke and Destructo for bringing me over there. First of all, I can’t wait to eat a burger from Grillson at the Campout and meet the rest of the DB family! I’ve been watching after-movies from HARD and Holy Ship! which both look unreal! Basically all three of those shows are most likely going to blow my mind! I’m getting pumped thinking about them now, so I’m moving on to the next question.

If you weren’t DJing/producing, what would you be doing?

Nobody knows this, but when i first moved to Germany, it was at a time when there wasn’t a lot happening musically, so i applied for a job at a coffee manufacturers just to stay above water. Anyway, about a week later, things just started to fall into place starting with a call i got from CR2 Records who asked me to do some sample pack work for them. A week after that i found a wicked studio to rent and moved in, so i knuckled down and worked on my music. In answer to your question, I’d probably be bagging up coffee beans!

Listen to Billy Kenny’s remix for Benson “Hollow” below, and watch out for This Ain’t Bristol Even More Selections compilation out September 24th!

Billy Kenny on
Facebook
Soundcloud
Twitter
This Ain’t Bristol

This post QUICK-HITTER INTERVIEW w/ BILLY KENNY + NEW REMIX FOR SWEAT IT OUT! appeared first on Gotta Dance Dirty.



via Gotta Dance Dirty http://ift.tt/1PQjM9g

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {