da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

GDD EXCLUSIVE: AC SLATER INTERVIEWS ROYAL T + THUMP NIGHTBASS MIX | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

GDD EXCLUSIVE: AC SLATER INTERVIEWS ROYAL T + THUMP NIGHTBASS MIX

night-bass_flyer_june_final


AC Slater here for a little guest post on Gotta Dance Dirty to bring you the scoop on Night Bass, my Los Angeles based event based around pushing under-represented sounds of bass music in the American music scene including UK garage, bassline, grime and more. We are bringing UK based producer and DJ Royal-T from the infamous Butterz crew. If there was anyone meant to play at Night Bass its Royal-T. His fusion of garage, bassline, grime and hip hop fit perfectly into the ethos of the Night Bass movement. I had a quick chat with the man of the month to see what he’s got in store for us.


Read the interview + DOWNLOAD the mix (after the jump)


AC: Thanks for taking a minute to chat man. It seems like 2014 is shaping up to be a huge one for you. I feel like every week I see a new tune by you appear online or in my inbox. You’ve even done some major label remixes and just dropped your EP with Flava D in March. Do you feel that you’ve been working harder or have been feeling extra inspired this year?

RT: I feel like i’ve been working smarter rather than harder. I took a little time out production wise after a few setbacks in 2013, so i had no excuse but to be really focused and hungry at the start of 2014. I took a few remix projects on at the beginning of the year and two were singles which both original versions ended up finishing #1 in the UK Official Chart consecutively (http://ift.tt/1ckhf8B), so that was enough for me to build upon and finalise my own project with Flava D. There’s more work to be done though!


AC: Your Night Bass x Thump mix is packed with new Royal-T material, whats up next release wise for you?

RT: I have loads of collaborations either finished, in progress, or due to be written with various other producers and artists. ‘Mufasa’ with Champion, ‘Can’t Deny It’ with A.Motion and my new track with Ruby Lee Ryder are all in the mix which i want to see released at some point this year. I know me and Flava D are going to be creating some more monsters and i want to branch out and work with a few others artists outside of my familiar circles and genres. I’ve been listening to a lot of Robb Bank$ stuff and also Denzel Curry’s so it would be cool to do something with them. There a few solo songs that are due to be released too i’m working on and playing out. More will surface soon.


AC: You are an important member of the prolific Butterz crew, a huge inspiration for me musically as well as on the event side. I feel like you guys have really brought back an excitement about grime over the past couple years that was missing for awhile. What have you guys got lined up for the summer?

RT: Thank you! Elijah & Skilliam just released their FABRICLIVE CD which aligns with our club residency there. The CD is a vital part of our timeline as a label reflecting on our progress and how we have all evolved together. I would definetly reccomend that. We’re celebrating again early August too at our next Fabric outing with Wiley as our main act, which for me as a big fan is huge for me to be playing alongside. We also are reaching Outlook (European festival) once again with another Boat Party and this time our own stage so i can’t wait for that, among all of us appearing individually at other festivals too. There’s so much to look forward to.


AC: You truly capture the spirit of our event Night Bass with your mixture of grime, garage and bassline on the DJ mix front, and on the production end. For those who haven’t heard Royal-T before what would be 3 must listen tracks?

RT: I think first off ‘I Know You Want Me’ would be the first track i would suggest as i guess it really epitomises my sound club wise at it’s most honest. Secondly i would go for Version 3 of mine and Flava D’s track ‘On My Mind’ , i think it’s a nice contrast to what people might usually expect from the background of my music and i think it’s real important that this sound isn’t lost on people amongst the hype and rawness in latest trends. Thirdly, I would go for my track ‘Gully Funk’ , i made it a couple years back now and i still get people talking about it to me quite often. It’s one of those tracks i went into writing, thinking ‘How far can i really stretch our sound and what elements elsewhere can i bring in to create something crazy?’ it’s been a big fixture of my sets ever since.


AC: Are you down to try our signature Night Bass drink, the “Bass Drop” on the 12th?

RT: It would be rude to go all that way and not participate. I’m down!


AC: Any final words?

RT: Stay nang.



TRACK LISTING:

1. A$AP Ferg – Pantie Lover

2. Royal-T & Champion – Mufasa

3. Deadbeat – Good 2 Me

4. Royal-T & A.Motion – Can’t Deny It

5. Flava D – Sickman VIP

6. Royal-T – What He Doesn’t Have (Feat. Ruby Lee Ryder)

7. Royal-T & Flava D – On My Mind (Version 1)

8. Champion – Execution

9. Skepta – That’s Not Me (Feat. JME)

10. Royal-T & P Jam – Music Please Vs. Arizona Skyz

11. ScHoolboy Q – Man of the Year (Royal-T Bootleg Dub)

12. Royal-T – I Know You Want Me (Flava D Remix)


Don’t miss #NIGHTBASS on June 12 w/ Royal T, AC Slater, Bart B More, Lokate, Meech and Bones @ Sound Nightclub in Hollywood!

BUY TICKETS

EVENT INFO






via Gotta Dance Dirty http://ift.tt/1l3YvvG

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {