da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Kyle Hall's favourite tracks | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Friday, November 29, 2013

Kyle Hall's favourite tracks


The Detroit producer behind superb LP The Boat Party empties the contents of his psychic record bag


The track I'll be opening my next DJ set with

Steve Reich: Come Out


Go listen for yourself. A proper creepy hypnotic record sure to get people's attention, to say the least.


The track I always play to rescue a dancefloor

Dennis Ferrer & Jerome Sydenham: Timbuktu


I made an extended 10-minute edit of these drums. The track's really punchy and it works as a good tool to layer under anything that needs a lil' oomph for the floor. I wouldn't really call it a rescue so much as an enhancement tool; pretty much always gets the floor going under most circumstances.


The track that currently gets the most rewinds

Omar-S: Solely Supported


Feels like I've dropped this acid banger damn near every gig, jeez.


The track I'd play to show off my eclectic tastes

Paul McCartney: Secret Friend


I really like the tropical groove of this record. My friend Femi put me up on this one.


The track I think has been unfairly slept on this year

GB: The Seeker


"Slept on" is relative to what audience you're speaking about, I guess. But this is absolutely bananas, I love this record. Way more people need to start paying attention to his music.


The track I'd play at my auntie's wedding

Zapp: Computer Love


Depends on the auntie, but one of them would love this; it's classic electro.


The ideal festival track

Anthony "Shake" Shakir: Pursuit Mix 3


This always reminds me of big crowds. An insanely climactic track.


The track I'd play at sunset in Ibiza

Loftsoul Feat Lisa Millet: Dear Friend (DJ Spinna remix)


The bassline is real sexy. Listen and figure out why it's perfect for Ibiza.


The best track by my favourite new artist

Jay Daniel: Exit


This is out on my label Wild Oats this year. He's a rising star on the Detroit house scene.


The track that should have been a crossover hit

Seven Davis Jr: All Kinds


It's not even out yet, but it needs to cross over when it is!


The track I'd play at my funeral

Art Of Noise: Moments In Love (Extended mix)


This is like 20 minutes long; a timeless classic in Detroit.


Kyle Hall plays The Hydra: Hyperdub, XOYO, EC2, Sat






theguardian.com © 2013 Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds




by Ben Beaumont-Thomas via Music: Electronic music | theguardian.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {