da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Purity Ring remixes Lady Gaga, to be featured on Gaga EP | Musique Non Stop

da873623c98928185f5fee6ee4eb4d49

Friday, September 20, 2013

Purity Ring remixes Lady Gaga, to be featured on Gaga EP

The cover art for Lady Gaga's Applause

Canadian electronic music duo Purity Ring has just released a haunting remix of the Lady Gaga hit "Applause" — and it’s going on Gaga's forthcoming Applause Remix EP, which arrives Oct. 1.

"I chipped away at it for two weeks," Purity Ring's Corin Roddick said in an interview with Dazed Digital. "We've been asked to do a lot of remixes over the past couple of years but haven't done one in a very long time.... But if I'm gonna do a remix it might as well be for Lady Gaga."





The Edmonton-based duo is currently working on their followup to 2012’s Shrines , which landed broad critical acclaim and was shortlisted for the 2013 Polaris Music Prize.

So was remixing for Gaga a little intimidating? “Yeah totally. That's why I did it,” said Roddick in the interview. “It’s such a challenge, not only to take a song that’s been so immaculately produced and try and put our spin on it, but also to even tread in that territory.

“I listen to a lot of pop music in my spare time, and I just thought the chorus was just huge and had a powerful delivery and melody in it. I wanted to see if I could just craft something around that in a way that it would make sense to me.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

jQuery(document).ready() {